Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Mama Mia.... Here I Go Again

At my request, Bill went with me to see Mama Mia. The theater darkened and a young woman rowed across the water to mail her wedding invitations to three men, one of whom (and she didn't know which) was her father. Then the singing began. I leaned over and whispered in Bill's ear, "Did I tell you this was a musical?"

I loved it! Had a hard time staying in my seat because ABBA's music was too much fun. Went again with Debbie and Darci to the little theater in Yerington. Got in as a senior (now that I am 60!) and it only cost $4.00. If I had trouble staying seated the first time, the second was worse. After leaving the theater I wanted to do the Dancing Queen down the main street of Yerington. Unfortunately no one followed me.

Then I got the Best of ABBA CD for my birthday from Randi. The music fills my car wherever I go. I am saturating myself with ABBA.

Tomorrow will be theater performance number three. I am going with Kathi. She isn't sure she has heard ABBA as she was "into country" and she doesn't really like musicals. So this will be the true test. Will Linda be able to stay in her seat? Will Kathi be able to stay in hers? Linda will want to dance, Kathi may want to leave. Tomorrow will tell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, what's the news? How did Kathi like it?