Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthdays on Top of Mt. Rose


Our family celebrates cluster birthdays. In September we always get together and have a party for Molly's August 31 birthday, my September 1 birthday and Chaja's Septmeber 3 birthday. We also celebrate Joe and Breena's anniversay date, also on September 3.

This year was a double digit year for Chaja. She is now 10 years old. I made her a dress, as I have done since she started school but this year the dress was fancy! She expected a "school dress" and was delighted to see the organza, taffeta and velvet...a party dress for sure.

The dress proved to be a greater challenge than I anticipated. I adjusted the pattern to fit and ended up with armholes large enough for me to comfortably ease into. Yikes!! I ended up opening the seams on the dress and lining, removing the sleeves, taking the bodice part way off of the skirt and taking everything in 5/8" on each side. Too much work for a project that I wanted to complete in a hurry. But I got it finished and by the looks of it, Chaja was happy as any ten year old girl could be.

Molly celebrated her 26th birthday and traveled from Tennessee with her fiance Luke. It was great to have both of them with us.

I transitioned into a new decade. Now I am 60 years old...deserving of every grey hair on my head. Breena made me a party hat and all of my family celebrated with me, at the campsite or from their home in Seattle. It was a birthday to remember.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish we could have been there...