Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Palomitas for Dagan

Here is the quilt I made for my grandson, Dagan Donosti. The quilt is titled "Palomitas for Dagan." The morning Dagan was born, January 18, I emailed my quilting buddy, Randy and she thought his name was "Dragon." She did a double-take and then searched the meaning of his name. The name Dagan is Hebrew and means a grain of corn. At that moment she declared that Dagan would have a fire sign, the dragon, and that his favorite food would be, of course, popcorn. Hence the quilt was titled.

Dagan is a precious little baby, so curious and energetic. I just returned from a week with his family and enjoyed playing with him so much. It is delightful to see what wonderful parents Kyna and Scott are to their little son. So, since I'm not in Seattle to wrap my arms around him, I'm glad the quilt is there to give him some Nana comfort.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dagan loves his tummy-time quilt. It's so cute when he tries to pick up the triangle pattern.

Dawn P said...

Linda, both Dagan and the quilt are adorable! Hoping to see more postings, plez.
Dawn