Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Backside Offers the Best View!

Now, I guess that really depends on what you are looking at, doesn't it?  For me, the backside of quilts typically offers the best view of the quilting and the work I enjoy the most.  Rachael, when she and her family visited over spring break, worked on a disappearing nine patch for her mother-in-law, Ellen.  She ended up taking it home to rework the squares and when Bill and I were visiting Seattle in June, she put it together and sent it home with me for quilting.  By rights, the only side I can claim is the backside of the quilt, for that is where my creativity hides.  I finished my part and am returning the quilt to Rachael so she can bind it and prepare the label for this warm and cozy Christmas offering.  And so I offer you the backside of Rachael's quilt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a truly creative artist, my friend. I love, love, love what you did to this quilt. I think you should quit you "day job," buy a long arm, and make your millions quilting!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the design it is so beautiful-- I wish I had a backside that needed your loving stitches.
Love you
Holly

Rachael | The Slow-Cooked Sentence said...

Oh Ma, it looks beautiful. I cannot wait to see it!