Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Feliz Dia de las Madres

Five baby birds on Cheyenne's front door wreath
Mother's Day crosses state lines, national borders and continents.  Mother's Day, a time to reflect on motherhood in general and our own mothers in particular.  Mine was perfect for me...short, fiery and a heart as large as her body.  It's been over five years since her heart stopped beating and I miss her every day.  We didn't always agree but she never expected that.  She wanted her children to speak up when there was injustice, comfort the sick and feed the hungry.  She was a "people person" and we learned from the best.  So, to all mother's everywhere, especially my four daughters who are learning about life from their children, blessings to you on Mother's Day.


Front door nesting site

1 comment:

Rachael | The Slow-Cooked Sentence said...

I miss my fun-loving, foul-tongued grandma, too. What a treat to see a bird nest up close. Did you or Cheyenne identify the bird?