Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Charlie!


Charlie is my brother, the only boy in a family of six girls, two mothers, and two fathers. Actually it took that many adults to create our hodge-podge of a family. .

For Christmas this year I quilted a table runner with a native American theme. It was fun to do and I found the perfect leftover fabric to make the binding, a Kaffe Fassett piece. The only problem was that I didn't have enough and ended up sewing tiny strips together to complete the quilt.

July 24 is Charlie's Birthday. He now lives in Nevada and is also my friend. I'm imagining a birthday celebration that includes a traditional family barbecue; chicken, sarsa, beans, garlic bread and corn on the cob. Topped off with an angel food cake slathered in strawberries and whipped cream. We'll end the night with a fun game of cards before he returns home. Happy Birthday Charlie!

P.S. Well, my imagination played a trick on me and that lovely strawberry covered angel food cake proved disastrous. Fortunately we still enjoyed it and it brought laughter to the party as well.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm not sure what you mean.
Linda